Optimizing Retail Supply Chain Workflow with Reliable Tag Delivery
Retail supply chains have become more intricate and the need to meet changing compliance standards and consumer demand can be challenging. However, by utilising dependable brand identification solutions, retailers are able to improve their overall efficiency.
Retail supply chains have become more intricate and the need to meet changing compliance standards and consumer demand can be challenging. However, by utilising dependable brand identification solutions, retailers are able to improve their overall efficiency. Connecting with other business systems, enterprise tags, barcodes and labels, enables retailers to quickly react to the rapidly evolving competitive landscape. Meanwhile, automated methods reduce labeling difficulties and allow easy label creation, widespread encoding, and efficient printing.
Understanding the Challenges:
- Changing regulations and standards: Maintaining compliance is challenging for retailers. The frequency at which guidelines are reviewed and updated makes it difficult to manage the unpredictability of labeling for a global supply chain.
- Labeling and barcode concerns: Labeling errors impact more than just the end consumer. Incorrect information and data causes major disruption, inefficiencies and often results in product recalls.
- Localization: Retailers with a regional or global presence are faced with additional localization obstacles. Inaccuracies can compromise the security of customer data.
- Incoherent labeling procedures: Retailers encounter constant regulatory changes, upsizing, downsizing, mergers, economic fluctuations, new market expansion, updated items, rebranding, etc. As a result, the labeling process also becomes complicated with so many factors to consider. Redundancies and inefficiencies are commonplace when procedures become compartmentalized and supply chain visibility is restricted.
- Consumer demand: Consumers are insisting on more labeling transparency. For example, where did all the components originate? And how is this brand protecting the planet?
Resolving Retail Supply Chain Inefficiencies
A proper brand identification solution guarantees visibility of crucial information across the entire supply chain. With Service Bureaus in over 20 locations, SML offers full-service development, production, and delivery of labels, accessories, and RFID tag solutions.
The streamlined logistics presented by bulk printing of labels and tags ensure that deadlines are met. But the key to getting the most business value out of labeling and tagging is with dynamic and on-demand printing. This enables retailers to immediately print labels in-house, and maintain quality and efficiency.
Retailers, with massive global supply chains must maintain customer satisfaction with on demand orders and quick turnaround times. SML’s centralized data and order management and system assist retailers by effectively delivering tags and labels to a high standard.
Additional value can be unlocked for retailers that implement item-level RFID or for those which already adopted RFID within their stores and would like to target the supply chain. RFID handheld encoding creates on site accurate item-level RFID tags. In-store, on-demand solutions enable test pilots, returns, and in-store item-level inventory tagging with cost-effective multi-use tags. Investing in this product innovation addresses the fast-evolving, functional, aesthetic, identity, and security needs that brands are seeking.